Friday, February 28, 2020

Kathy's Blog January 2020














Do you ever get to this time of year and ask yourself, where did the year go?  Phew!  I try to ride bike every day, (yes, I have a bike mounted in my basement).  When I ride, I catch up on my magazine reading.  Recently, I had occasion to ride a bike in a hotel gym where I had forgotten to bring anything along to read, so I thought a lot about 2019 and what a busy year 2020 will be.

There are years when I’ve asked myself that question and been glad we were closing the book on the year we were in.  Then there were other years that I was sad that the year was coming to an end because we had crammed so much in such a short period of 365 days.  



As we move more and more into technology, we as a society expect everything to be done yesterday.  But for what reason?  So we can cram even more into that 365 day period?  I don’t know about you but just thinking about that tires me out. 


Why look forward to 2020?

. You might be someone that needs a fresh start from something that happened in 2019. 

. You might be starting a new chapter in life, by starting a new job or retiring from an old one

. You might have an infant that you can’t wait to see walk, talk and take to see animals

. You might be wanting to change something about yourself by stopping smoking, cut back on sweets or getting back to yoga

. You might want to take that one big vacation that you’ve been waiting to enjoy for years

. You might be ready to try something new like skydiving, needlepoint or being a mentor to someone

I could go on for at least another 5 minutes in my thoughts.  But the one thing that I’ve learned through all of my health challenges is I can’t wait until I retire to do something or wait until I’m 60 (of which NEITHER are in 2020) because I never take tomorrow for granted.  Things can change on a dime and you regret the fact that you waited to make that change or do that thing.

As you look to close your book on 2019 and towards opening 2020, take 5 minutes and say what is it that is on my bucket list that I’m not going to wait until tomorrow to do?  Then put that plan in place.  This isn’t a New Year’s Resolution.  This is remembering that God has given you life and life is fragile.  Enjoy every moment that God has given you and look forward to the new year that is front of us.


From Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang….Happy New Year and be safe.


Kathy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment